Healthy Aging with an Old Standby
Healthy aging involves smart lifestyle choices like a good diet, no smoking and the right exercise program. Although there’s no magic formula for staying healthy, there is something that can help you maintain your health—good old-fashioned fish oil.† The health benefits of fish oil come from the omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, which support a healthy body in a variety of ways.† People have been taking fish oil for centuries—but if you have a mental picture of spoons full of smelly, bad-tasting stuff, forget it. Fish oil has come a long way.
An easy way to get your fish oil is with Eskimo-3® natural stable fish oil. This supplement is naturally processed to preserve the beneficial whole-oil ingredients and omega-3 concentrations. It’s free from any unpleasant fishy aftertaste, and available in both softgels and liquid forms.
Look out—Boomers Moving In!
The number of boomers and older Americans is growing—and we’re all living longer. While a long life is great, you can’t enjoy the “golden years” if you’re not in good health. Supplementation with fish oil provides several benefits to overall health.†
- Healthy Hearts†: Studies conducted between 1966 and 1999 found that dietary and supplemental fatty acids provided nutritional support for overall cardiovascular health.† With regards to serum blood lipids, a review of human studies concluded that omega-3 fatty acids helped maintain levels of cholesterol already within normal range.† Omega-3 fatty acids also help maintain healthy blood pressure readings that are already within normal range.†
- Joints That Flex†: Dietary supplementation with fish oil containing omega-3 fatty acids has been shown to provide nutritional support for healthy joints.†
- Good Vision†: Dietary fat may provide nutritional support of lens cell membrane composition and function.†
- A Better Mood†: Studies have shown that long-chain omega-3 fatty acids help support healthy mood.† Another study also found that taking EPA and DHA improved behavioral variables associated with test-taking stress.†
- Healthy Skin†: Significant health benefits for skin come from diets rich in essential fatty acids, such as those found in Eskimo-3® natural stable fish oil.† Several studies have shown that supplemental fish oil helps retain skin appearance and elasticity after exposure to sunlight and helps in healthy wound healing.†
What if I just eat lots of fish?
The health benefits of fish with omega-3 fatty acids have clearly been established.† The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends a diet with at least two servings of fatty fish per week, and even more if you want to support healthy triglyceride levels already within normal limits. So, just eat more fish, right? You could, but the amount you’d have to eat would be quite large, and may be impractical.
Eating fish can bring up another concern, and that’s contamination—mostly from mercury. All fish and shellfish contain traces of mercury, especially the larger fish that have lived longer and have had more time to accumulate it.
Distilled for purity.
Tested for PCBs, heavy metals (including mercury) and other impurities. The fish oil in Eskimo-3 isn’t modified to artificially boost the DHA and EPA concentrations, either. This makes it a more stable product, unlike other leading fish oil products.
So, stay healthy, enjoy some fish now and then, and consider a fish oil supplement like Eskimo-3 with its multiple health benefits.†
Published October 24, 2012