Support healthy skin with these tips:
- Enjoy healthy fats— including omega-3 from fish, flax oil, or seeds and nuts—are some of the best. Their structure helps your body maintain healthy skin.
- Don't forget your fresh fruits and vegetables! Feast on carrots, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries as they make their annual rounds. The natural antioxidants can help repel the free radicals you’re sure to encounter as you head outdoors.
- Wear sunscreen. It doesn't matter if it's hot, cold, or cloudy outside - UV rays can still penetrate your skin.
- Lotion up after showering. The best way to lock in moisture is to apply lotion immediately after showering. If your skin is dry look for a body lotion without fragrance which may cause irritation. And speaking of showers...
- Decrease the temperature of your shower water. It may be hard in winter, but decreasing the temperature of your shower can prevent your skin from drying out.
- Hydrate with water. Yep, good old water, nothing beats hydration. It helps flush impurities from your body, keeps you hydrated so you stay alert and feeling active, and keeps your skin cells (and your other cells, for that matter) in good shape. Our bodies are mostly water anyway, but we can lose quite a bit from spending time in the sun (and that includes winter sun).