Exercise—some of us can’t live without it; some of us dread it. But we all need it. What we may feel is a sign of a good workout is also our body's way of telling us to "give me a break!" When you've experienced occasional overexertion there are a few things you can do:
- Stay Hydrated - If you're experiencing occasional overexertion chances are you were sweating a great deal while doing it. Replenish your fluids to keep your nutrients flowing through your body. And for next time - be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day and if you're giving it your all in a workout, hydrate with electrolytes as well.
- Take a Hot Bath - The heat will increase circulation and help soothe your body (plus it's a great way to get some "me" time and relax).
- Continue Exercising - That's right, it seems counter-intuitive, but try a slow, short walk to keep your blood flow going.
- Stretch - Stretching before and after exercise can help you avoid the symptoms of overexertion.
There are also a few natural supplement options that can help:
- Enzymes & Antioxidants: FlexAgility™† MAX contains powerful antioxidants, including vitamin C, green tea leaf extract and European elderberry.† These antioxidants prevent and eliminate the free radicals that cause pain and stiffness from occasional overuse.† FlexAgility™† MAX also features hops flower extract, ginger rhizome extract, and Boswellia serrata gum extract in a proprietary Flex Blend. This blend of enzymes can help by inhibiting the pain and inflammation that may result from occasional overexertion.† Also, the purity, safety, and potency of FlexAgility™† MAX make it safe to take for long periods of time.
- Turmeric: You may have read about the antioxidant benefits of turmeric recently.† Turmeric has a long history of use as both a food ingredient and health-supportive agent.† It’s known to reduce occasional muscle pain by supporting the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response.† Curazyme also contains bromelain, an enzyme from pineapple that has been shown to block compounds involved in the body’s inflammatory response.† These ingredients work alongside pancreatic enzymes and vitamins to assist in exercise recovery.† If you're looking for a supplement with turmeric try Curazyme™.
Consult with your doctor prior to taking on a new fitness plan. Maintain your health with regular exercise, and do it carefully.